Police Arrest 21 People Over Long-Running BKK Gem Scam – Khaosod, July 4, 2015
…The long-running hoax involves tuk-tuk drivers telling foreign tourists that famous attractions, such the Grand Palace, are “closed,” and then offering the tourists discounted rides around the city.
Those who fall for the con are then ferried to jewelry stores where they are sold poor-quality gemstones at exorbitant prices…
- 11 years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion
- Eight Years Ago: Gen. Chavalit to lead “People’s Army”
- Foreign luxury brands plot against the junta!
- Yet still more cartoons on Prawit’s expensive watch
- Not Richard Mille
- New Year’s Cartoon: Something for the Poor
- New Year’s Cartoon: News of the Past Year
- They are going to get Prawit
- Let’s support Prayuth!
- The military party deserves a head start
- Red buffaloes got smarter