‘Jet ski at your own peril in Phuket and Pattaya’ – bangaloremirror.com, April, 2012
…But the Eden of their dreams has a dark underbelly which reveals itself on the beaches of Phuket and Pattaya — a local mafia-run jet ski scam which has ripped off scores of foreign tourists. The racketeers’ modus operandi is simple: they rent out jet skis, which have some damage in a not-so-discernible place, to vacationers at attractive rates. Then, when the joyride is over, they pounce on the unsuspecting tourists for having caused the ‘damage’ and extort huge amounts from them, quite often at knifepoint.
Raul Shanth, a youngster from Bangalore who went to Thailand on a five-day trip recently along with his family, fell prey to the racket. His warning to fellow-Bangaloreans: Be ultra-cautious or, better still, desist from hiring a jet ski at the beaches of Phuket and Pattaya…
- Anniversary of the End of the Absolute Monarchy in Thailand
- 11 Years Ago: First Red Shirt Move: Surprise Raid on Privy Council President’s House
- Bangkok’s Central Park becoming a reality?
- Weekly News Magazines: Suriya leaves Phea Thai, June, 2018
- Thai police still protect Yingluck overseas
- Weekly News Magazines: Tears of Suthep, June, 2018
- Pheu Thai defectors
- Weekly News Magazine: The Rescue, July 13-20, 2018
- Big Jiew is getting sucked in
- Weekly News Magazines: Raising Chickens for the Military, July, 2018