From Manager, July 4, 2017
The police: Wowwww… the fine is 800,000 [baht]… So powerful… smoothly plows!
On the plow handle: Management of Foreign Work Act
Caption: New tool for living
[Refers to an enforcement of the Management of Foreign Work Act. In the cartoon, it raises concern that it would provide a new opportunity for the police to squeeze money, in the form of bribes, from employers who might want to violate the act.
The cartoon plays with the word “plow” which is used as a slang work to mean “squeeze” (as in “extort”).]
- 13 years ago: Thaksin’s increasing boldness
- Remembering Thaksin as PM: Thaksin surprises reporters with X sign
- Analysis: Yingluck’s Strange Strategy
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- 6 Years Ago: Why did the Pheu Thai rush to alter the constitution?
- One thing is actually another
- Stop the clock
- Only one thing can save her
- Editorial Cartoons: Yingluck Flees