From Manager, July 4, 2017
The police: Wowwww… the fine is 800,000 [baht]… So powerful… smoothly plows!
On the plow handle: Management of Foreign Work Act
Caption: New tool for living
[Refers to an enforcement of the Management of Foreign Work Act. In the cartoon, it raises concern that it would provide a new opportunity for the police to squeeze money, in the form of bribes, from employers who might want to violate the act.
The cartoon plays with the word “plow” which is used as a slang work to mean “squeeze” (as in “extort”).]
- 11 years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion
- Eight Years Ago: Gen. Chavalit to lead “People’s Army”
- The Democrats join in the burning
- Yet still more cartoons on Prawit’s expensive watch
- Foreign luxury brands plot against the junta!
- New Year’s Cartoon: Something for the Poor
- Let’s support Prayuth!
- They are going to get Prawit
- New Year’s Cartoon: News of the Past Year
- The military party deserves a head start
- Not Richard Mille