From Thairath, July 18, 2014
Title: Please leave something for the poor…!
Phi Nooring: Make merit.
A mouse: Don’t be selfish.
On money bags carried by the doctor: Benefits for children’s education, medical care for all family members, high salary, pension and others
On a money bag held by the woman: 30-baht universal health scheme
[Refers to the rumors that the junta is terminating the 30-baht scheme that was initiated by Thaksin and is widely popular. The junta rejected the rumor and insisted it would continue this scheme in order to help the poor.]
- From 2011: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- What do these bombs mean?
- Nothing is Permanent
- More reaction to the bombings
- Before Thaksin: Remembering the Checks and Balances of the 1997 Charter
- 28 years ago: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- Can we get rid of the U.S. ambassador?
- Thailand can learn from Myanmar!
- Police for police reform
- Is the junta preparing for Thaksin?
- Dangerous Voting