From Thairath, July 18, 2014
Title: Please leave something for the poor…!
Phi Nooring: Make merit.
A mouse: Don’t be selfish.
On money bags carried by the doctor: Benefits for children’s education, medical care for all family members, high salary, pension and others
On a money bag held by the woman: 30-baht universal health scheme
[Refers to the rumors that the junta is terminating the 30-baht scheme that was initiated by Thaksin and is widely popular. The junta rejected the rumor and insisted it would continue this scheme in order to help the poor.]
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- The network of the officials who helped Yingluck escape
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- Weekly News Magazines: Red Bull and the Shy Tiger, September, 2017
- The junta eats the budget
- He will live in our hearts eternally