From Thairath, December 5, 2013
PM Yingluck: Please come to seize it. I won’t be a PM who has peoples’ blood on my hands.
Mouse man: Visiting the Government House on the Children’s day? [This refers to the government open house on Children’s Day when people are allowed inside the compound. The mouse man is artist Sia’s caricature of activist Sombat Boongamanong, whose nickname is Nuling (or “mouse”). He always appears at the edge of Sia’s cartoons, often calling on human rights and reform.]
Mouse: The Government House belongs to the people.
[This cartoon refers to the anti-government protesters led by Suthep Thuagsuban. They said they would seize Government House to achieve victory, but the police stepped aside to allow them to access the place in order to avoid the clash between two sides (on December 4). This cartoon is meant to compare PM Yingluck and former PM Abhisit Vejjajiva on how they deal with protesters. Abhisit and his party Democrat are criticized by the Red Shirts for using the violence to disperse the protesters and killing people.]
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work
- Don’t help them form a government!
- Put in a basket and wash