Phuket tourist cheats spark foreign diplomat intervention – phuketgazette.net, February 23, 2012
…Mr Chumpol said that the problem of tourism cheats operating in Phuket has become an international issue that calls for immediate action.
The most common rip-off schemes that tourists face include overpriced products and services, low-quality products, low-standard services and exaggerated damage claims on broken items, said the report.
Meanwhile, the Tourism and Sports Ministry will launch a blacklist of jewelry shops that sell low-quality items at inflated prices, it was announced…
- The Wheel Begins to Turn: Weekly Rallies and Disapproving Academics
- The Hopewell Project
- ‘White Mask’ Guards Seen Trying To Hit Red Shirts With Iron Bars
- Thaksin Wants to Know Who Burned Central World
- Traffic Jams in Laos
- Thailand’s boom: To the northeast, the spoils
- A Thai family’s desperate search for their missing daughter
- Ladyboys versus All Blacks: is this the world’s weirdest sport?
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Nana Intersection in the Past
- Thai govt finally revealing huge losses incurred by rice pledging scheme-why not reveal who received the payments?