Phuket Opinion: Policy on Thai residency should not be secret – Phuket Gazette, March 27, 2011
…For reasons that have apparently never been divulged by the MoI, the stacks of stale PR applications, submitted in good faith and at great expense by law-abiding, long resident “visitors” to Thailand, continue to gather dust at the ministry.
…The breakdown in processing these applications reportedly stems from a xenophobic decision put in place almost a decade ago by ‘social order’ activist Purachai Piemsomboon, Interior Minister (and foe of Phuket’s night entertainment industry) under former premier Thaksin Shinawatra…
- Election posters: Looking at you
- The last time a coup leader became PM after a return to democracy
- We really care about Thaksin
- Several parties, same owner
- Election posters: End the economic crisis
- Election poster pollution
- Election posters: Pheu Thai’s heart is people
- Why do Thai people always smile?
- Election posters: Take action, be clear
- More jokes about Yingluck
- Election posters: Stopping, Cleansing, Destroying