Chilling Draft – Proposed changes to telecom treaty rattle internet universe – Bangkok Post, November 14, 2012
…Mr Paiboon said Article 6 of the treaty opens an opportunity for the ITRs to impose considerable service fees on a pay-per-click/bit/byte basis for internet service providers, internet users or other entities.
“This could change the existing ‘free use of internet’ concept,” he said.
“It will also definitely obstruct internet innovation and the free flow of e-information while inducing higher costs and expenses for Thai e-entrepreneurs including internet infrastructure establishment…”
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Domino fell the wrong way
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- Words won’t stop the attack
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Profiting from being military