“Paradise Bangkok” DJs on Old Thai Folk Going Global – artinfo.com, March 29, 2013
…Two figures are responsible for bringing the khaen (bamboo pipe) driven sounds of luk thung and its jiggier, more dancefloor-friendly cousin molam to a global audience. Crate-diggers Maft Sai and Chris Menist, Thai and British respectively, founded a local night club back in 2009 after a chance meeting in the forgotten record shops of Chinatown’s Saphan Lek area, where stockpiles of old vinyl had been gathering dust for decades…
- Remembering Black May 1992
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- I burned the city? When?
- Student Hero
- A young girl does a better job than the PM
- Who will come crawling?
- Talking to the snake
- Anti-rabies GT 200
- The rich man is not full yet
- Thai-style Animal Protection Unit