“Paradise Bangkok” DJs on Old Thai Folk Going Global – artinfo.com, March 29, 2013
…Two figures are responsible for bringing the khaen (bamboo pipe) driven sounds of luk thung and its jiggier, more dancefloor-friendly cousin molam to a global audience. Crate-diggers Maft Sai and Chris Menist, Thai and British respectively, founded a local night club back in 2009 after a chance meeting in the forgotten record shops of Chinatown’s Saphan Lek area, where stockpiles of old vinyl had been gathering dust for decades…
- Bloody October 2008
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- October 1976: A sea of blood
- 8 Years Ago: Bombmakers in Nonthaburi
- A tale of two newspapers: New cabinet member a savvy or unethical move?
- Weekly News Magazines: the junta’s political party, October, 2018
- What happens to the people Thaksin appoints?
- Weekly News Magazines: New army chief, September, 2018
- One lotus is above the water
- Politicians need to poo
- Silpa Bhirasri, Father of modern art in Thailand