“Paradise Bangkok” DJs on Old Thai Folk Going Global – artinfo.com, March 29, 2013
…Two figures are responsible for bringing the khaen (bamboo pipe) driven sounds of luk thung and its jiggier, more dancefloor-friendly cousin molam to a global audience. Crate-diggers Maft Sai and Chris Menist, Thai and British respectively, founded a local night club back in 2009 after a chance meeting in the forgotten record shops of Chinatown’s Saphan Lek area, where stockpiles of old vinyl had been gathering dust for decades…
- 11 years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion
- Eight Years Ago: Gen. Chavalit to lead “People’s Army”
- Foreign luxury brands plot against the junta!
- Yet still more cartoons on Prawit’s expensive watch
- Not Richard Mille
- New Year’s Cartoon: Something for the Poor
- New Year’s Cartoon: News of the Past Year
- They are going to get Prawit
- Let’s support Prayuth!
- The military party deserves a head start
- Red buffaloes got smarter