“Paradise Bangkok” DJs on Old Thai Folk Going Global – artinfo.com, March 29, 2013
…Two figures are responsible for bringing the khaen (bamboo pipe) driven sounds of luk thung and its jiggier, more dancefloor-friendly cousin molam to a global audience. Crate-diggers Maft Sai and Chris Menist, Thai and British respectively, founded a local night club back in 2009 after a chance meeting in the forgotten record shops of Chinatown’s Saphan Lek area, where stockpiles of old vinyl had been gathering dust for decades…
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Words won’t stop the attack
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out