From Manager, January 12, 2014
Man: This one completely painted, take a candle from Aunty Nok Saek [referring to Thida Thavornseth, one of the core leaders of the Red Shirts]
Caption: Dyed buffaloes for sale
[The cartoon refers to the re-branding of the Red Shirt movement which includes changing to wearing white shirts and participate in candle-lit vigils to support the February 2 election.
The caption is a play on a Thai saying “dye a cat for sale” meaning to dye a common species of cat to make it look like a rare one so that the owner can sell at a better price. In this context it means the Red Shirt rank and file are being rebranded for use in supporting the government.]
- From 2003: PM mixes business and politics
- News from the 1890s
- Snake with two heads
- Weekly News Magazines: Drawing the Lines for Elections, November, 2018
- No need for revolutionaries
- Weekly News Magazines: Govt minister and the pro-junta party, November, 2018
- Silly uncle is moving the mountain
- Who is left to run with Sudarat?
- Your behavior is worse than interference
- From Red Shirts to Green Shirts
- Now he faces the heavyweight