From Manager, January 12, 2014
Man: This one completely painted, take a candle from Aunty Nok Saek [referring to Thida Thavornseth, one of the core leaders of the Red Shirts]
Caption: Dyed buffaloes for sale
[The cartoon refers to the re-branding of the Red Shirt movement which includes changing to wearing white shirts and participate in candle-lit vigils to support the February 2 election.
The caption is a play on a Thai saying “dye a cat for sale” meaning to dye a common species of cat to make it look like a rare one so that the owner can sell at a better price. In this context it means the Red Shirt rank and file are being rebranded for use in supporting the government.]
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work
- Don’t help them form a government!
- Put in a basket and wash
- Danger for the junta