From Arun in Matichon, December 15-21, 2017
Inside brown box on the top: Arun Watchasawat [the cartoonist]
Bottom left: Adapted from the picture drawn by GA Harker
Bottom right: Arun 15-22-60
On the windmill: Corruption
On knight’s hat: NACC
[Refers to Don Quixote “tilting at windmills.”
While this usually means to fight imaginary enemies, the cartoon seems to point out the fantasy state of Thai politics, where an all-powerful military junta rules that preaches transparency and accountability.
After a scandal involving allegations of unreported wealth hit key junta member Deputy PM Prawit, the task of investigating this man with unlimited power falls to the National Anti-Corruption Commission [NACC] led by Pol Gen. Watcharapol Prasarnrajkit.
That such a commission could ever touch such a top military man is laughable. This makes the entire exercise, including the expected absolution of Prawit, rather pathetic.]
- From 2003: PM mixes business and politics
- News from the 1890s
- Snake with two heads
- Weekly News Magazines: Drawing the Lines for Elections, November, 2018
- Weekly News Magazines: Govt minister and the pro-junta party, November, 2018
- Silly uncle is moving the mountain
- Who is left to run with Sudarat?
- From Red Shirts to Green Shirts
- Now he faces the heavyweight
- Thaksin’s new political party
- To resist dictatorship