Ousted Thai PM pushed terror law used against him – AP, September 3, 2011
…Former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, under pressure from the Bush administration after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, adopted the Southeast Asian nation’s first counterterrorism legislation by executive decree in 2003…
- 5 Years Ago: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Analysis: Mother’s Day Bombings
- 10 Years Ago: Thaksin Escapes Assassination Attempt
- Analysis: Thailand’s Half Democracy
- No fraud!
- Fake monks harass New York City tourists
- 3 Years Ago: Pheu Thai Tries Its Own Reform Council
- Raise the flag!
- Dhammakaya leaving Thailand?
- Another stain on the police
- Bangkok’s Pig