Bangkok Bombing Dragnet Yields 142 Unrelated Arrests – Khaosod, August 25, 2015
…On Friday, four days after an explosion at the Erawan Shrine killed 20 people, police announced with much fanfare the beginning of “Operation Lock Down the City, Raid the Bandits’ Nests,” with the objective of “X-raying” potential residences that might hold clues leading to the bomber and his possible “network.”
On Sunday, one day before the bombastically named operation ended, a ceremony formally launching its show of force began with a parade of soldiers and police leading out from Royal Plaza in the Dusit district, complete with speeches, mounted cavalry and motorized convoys…
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Words won’t stop the attack
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out