From Thairath, September 14, 2011
The cartoon reads: One night during the waning moon night, a year ago in Cambodia
Left panel: Only PM Mark knows he sent me here to spy. [Mark is former PM Abhisit’s nickname. The signs identify the female prisoner as Ratree and the male prisoner as Weera.]
Right panel: Only PM Mark knows he sent me here to negotiate secretly.
[The man on the right is Suthep Thaugsuban. The paper he’s holding reads: Profits. This refers to the allegations that Suthep secretly went to Cambodia to make a deal over offshore drilling rights.]
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- Remembering the Downfall of Thaksin Shinawatra’s CEO-state
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- The network of the officials who helped Yingluck escape
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- Who is left to burn Thailand?