From Manager, January 11, 2013
Lion: Don’t bring those without brains… They deserve to die!
Caption: No matter from which angle, its mouth doesn’t look like that of a lion.
[Reference is to the government’s plan to hold a referendum on constitution amendment. The lion is a symbol of the Interior Ministry. The Lion here is meant to be Interior Minister and official leader of the Pheu Thai Party, Jarupong Ruangsuwan. Assigning district chiefs to mobilize people to participate in the referendum, Jarupong guided the district chiefs that they must be careful selecting the target group. The Minister told the chiefs, “don’t bring those who don’t have brains.”]
- 4 Years Ago: One of the wealthiest families in Thailand has convinced the poor that it understands their problems and will fight for their rights
- 12 Years Ago: Asia finds its own way: In Praise of Thaksin
- 13 Years Ago: Remembering the grounds of the Siam Intercontinental Hotel
- 12 Years Ago: Chuwit and the Massage Parlour Scandal
- 76 Years Ago: ‘Strategic Siam changes its name to Thai’
- 12 Years Ago: Idea for a Bangkok Central Park
- 12 Years Ago: Revolution in Laos?
- 11 Years Ago: Thailand’s New Strongman
- 11 Years Ago: List of activists killed during the Thaksin era
- 7 Years Ago: “Thailand United Southern Underground” ceasefire
- 10 Years Ago: Discontent in Thaksin’s Thailand