From Manager, January 11, 2013
Lion: Don’t bring those without brains… They deserve to die!
Caption: No matter from which angle, its mouth doesn’t look like that of a lion.
[Reference is to the government’s plan to hold a referendum on constitution amendment. The lion is a symbol of the Interior Ministry. The Lion here is meant to be Interior Minister and official leader of the Pheu Thai Party, Jarupong Ruangsuwan. Assigning district chiefs to mobilize people to participate in the referendum, Jarupong guided the district chiefs that they must be careful selecting the target group. The Minister told the chiefs, “don’t bring those who don’t have brains.”]
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- The King’s Birthday
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- The junta eats the budget
- He will live in our hearts eternally
- Sudarat is finished