Three Years Ago: Selling Shin Corp via Ample Rich – The Politics of Tax
…the shares in Shin Corp were firstly transferred from Ample Rich to individuals in Thailand and then from the individuals in Thailand to Temasek Holdings on the Thai Stock Exchange, as follows:
Ample Rich sold 329.2 million shares in Shin Corp to individuals in Thailand at a price of Bt 1 per share.
On the following business day, the individuals in Thailand sold the 329.2 million shares in Shin Corp to Temasek Holdings on the Thailand Stock Exchange at a price of Bt 49.25 per share.
From these transactions, the individuals in Thailand earned capital gains income in the order of Bt 15.8 billion, but did not file any tax returns or pay any tax on the capital gains income…
- Remembering Black May 1992
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- Student Hero
- A young girl does a better job than the PM
- Who will come crawling?
- Anti-rabies GT 200
- Talking to the snake
- The rich man is not full yet
- Thai-style Animal Protection Unit
- Red Shirt and Black Panther