One Night in Bangkok Can Lead to Quite a ‘Hangover’ for Thailand -WSJ, June 16, 2011
…”What’s it like?” asked Supol Sripan, general-director of the country’s tourism department, on a recent Thursday afternoon.
Well, it shows his nation’s capital as chock-full of drug-dealing mobsters, drunken bar fights and hazily remembered sex in the back rooms of brothels. In the movie there are also car chases through teeming streets, and a chain-smoking monkey.
“Hmm,” Mr. Supol sighed. “Well, I suppose it’s true. We have all those things…”
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Words won’t stop the attack
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out