On Thailand’s Late King and the Power of Goodness – lionsroar.com. October 24, 2016
…Even more deeply, though, the attitude of the media reflects something seriously awry in our culture: the inability to believe that a person in power can be earnestly good. Even the ideas of earnestness and goodness are treated with irony as things to be framed with quotation marks. This lack of trust in the power and possibility of goodness has had a corrosive effect on our own ability to do good. Instead of looking down on Thailand, perhaps we should look up to her late King for an example of how goodness can bring stability and peace to the people of the world.
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- Weekly News Magazines: Coronation, May, 2019
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Heaven vs Hell
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work