From Arun, November 20, 2012
President Obama: Isn’t there any opposition party here?
Hillary Clinton: No, there is only the government and the government-want-to-be party.
[This refers to the idea that the Pheu Thai Party is so dominant that opposition parties–other than the Democrat Party–do not act as the opposition at all, but instead grovel for the chance to be included in the government coalition. This is similar to the time when the popular Thai Rak Thai Party was absorbing many minor parties in the early 2000s.]
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Words won’t stop the attack
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out