North Korea invites Thailand to invest ‘because Thais are trustworthy and don’t interfere in matters that don’t involve them’ – SCMP, August 11, 2015
…A subsidiary of Thai telecommunications company Loxley has been a major investor in North Korea for more than a decade and helped it modernize its communications infrastructure.
Tanasak said Ri told him that the reason they wanted Thai investors is because “Thais are good people, trustworthy,” and don’t get involved with matters that don’t concern them, suggesting that military-ruled Thailand would not criticize North Korea’s politics or human rights record, which is generally ranked by rights advocates as one of the worst in the world…
- 11 years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion
- Eight Years Ago: Gen. Chavalit to lead “People’s Army”
- Foreign luxury brands plot against the junta!
- Yet still more cartoons on Prawit’s expensive watch
- New Year’s Cartoon: Something for the Poor
- Not Richard Mille
- New Year’s Cartoon: News of the Past Year
- They are going to get Prawit
- Let’s support Prayuth!
- The military party deserves a head start
- Red buffaloes got smarter