North Korea invites Thailand to invest ‘because Thais are trustworthy and don’t interfere in matters that don’t involve them’ – SCMP, August 11, 2015
…A subsidiary of Thai telecommunications company Loxley has been a major investor in North Korea for more than a decade and helped it modernize its communications infrastructure.
Tanasak said Ri told him that the reason they wanted Thai investors is because “Thais are good people, trustworthy,” and don’t get involved with matters that don’t concern them, suggesting that military-ruled Thailand would not criticize North Korea’s politics or human rights record, which is generally ranked by rights advocates as one of the worst in the world…
- Beijing treads carefully when scions of Thai political dynasty arrive in China in search of their roots
- It’s only about Thaksin
- Both hand out money for votes
- China supports the junta?
- What the US could learn from Thailand about health care coverage
- Weekly News Magazines: Bike for Love and Warmth, December, 2018
- Pro-Junta groups and the pro-democratic groups
- Weekly News Magazines: All about politics, December, 2018
- Forget the Old Past Party
- Enjoy the mutual benefit
- Abandoning their ideology and betraying the people