From Thairath, December 4, 2012
Left: Sign on the fence: We grant mortgage loans for every grain of rice.
Farmer: It’s so dry that my rice plants died. What will I use for mortgage?
Middle, man in white shirt: No problem. Here, we offer an integrated mortgage loans.
Farmer: What do you mean?
Right, man in white shirt: You can mortgage your land title deeds.
[The joke is that the government encourages farmers to sell their rice to obtain inflated prices that the government is giving to farmers. However, because of the drought, rice farmers have no rice to sell. So the local officer tells the farmer to mortgage his land instead to get money.]
- Bloody October 2008
- October 1976: A sea of blood
- 8 Years Ago: Bombmakers in Nonthaburi
- Political parties in a coma
- The burning parties
- They messed up the country
- Should they still fight for Thaksin?
- Jatuporn’s back
- A tale of two newspapers: New cabinet member a savvy or unethical move?
- Turn the ship around
- Whatever he defecates… it is sacred