From Thairath, December 4, 2012
Left: Sign on the fence: We grant mortgage loans for every grain of rice.
Farmer: It’s so dry that my rice plants died. What will I use for mortgage?
Middle, man in white shirt: No problem. Here, we offer an integrated mortgage loans.
Farmer: What do you mean?
Right, man in white shirt: You can mortgage your land title deeds.
[The joke is that the government encourages farmers to sell their rice to obtain inflated prices that the government is giving to farmers. However, because of the drought, rice farmers have no rice to sell. So the local officer tells the farmer to mortgage his land instead to get money.]
- Beijing treads carefully when scions of Thai political dynasty arrive in China in search of their roots
- It’s only about Thaksin
- Both hand out money for votes
- China supports the junta?
- Pro-Junta groups and the pro-democratic groups
- Weekly News Magazines: Bike for Love and Warmth, December, 2018
- Weekly News Magazines: All about politics, December, 2018
- Forget the Old Past Party
- Abandoning their ideology and betraying the people
- Pheu Thai’s heart
- Weekly News Magazines: Election Delay, January, 2019