From Thairath, December 4, 2012
Left: Sign on the fence: We grant mortgage loans for every grain of rice.
Farmer: It’s so dry that my rice plants died. What will I use for mortgage?
Middle, man in white shirt: No problem. Here, we offer an integrated mortgage loans.
Farmer: What do you mean?
Right, man in white shirt: You can mortgage your land title deeds.
[The joke is that the government encourages farmers to sell their rice to obtain inflated prices that the government is giving to farmers. However, because of the drought, rice farmers have no rice to sell. So the local officer tells the farmer to mortgage his land instead to get money.]
- Weekly News Magazines: What Happened to Joke, April, 2019
- Election Commission Dye Service
- Thanathorn’s foreign parents
- Weekly News Magazines: Restrict Abolish Eliminate Thanathorn, April, 2019
- Proof of authoritarianism
- Feeling pity for Hulk and Wonder Woman
- Waiting for a miracle to operate on arms and legs
- Price for the whole group of cobra politicians
- Weekly News Magazines: Coronation, May, 2019
- They did not violate the law
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context