5 Ideas That Could Have Prevented Flooding in New York – theatlanticcities.com, October 31, 2012
[Thanks to Daniel for pointing this out.]
…As we saw this week, flooding can devastate an underground network of tunnels, train platforms and corridors. So how do you keep more of that water out? For one thing, elevating subway entrances would help. Bangkok, another low-lying city susceptible to rising tides, has built precisely these kinds of subway entrances…
- Remembering Black May 1992
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- I burned the city? When?
- Student Hero
- A young girl does a better job than the PM
- Who will come crawling?
- Talking to the snake
- Anti-rabies GT 200
- The rich man is not full yet
- Thai-style Animal Protection Unit