From Komchadleuk, December 31, 2012
Cartoon and verse by Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn
The card reads: 2013 New Year Card.
The verse reads: This year is a year of small snake. If you learn something, do it like you mean it, and don’t just do it ‘ngoo ngoo, plaa plaa’. And then you’ll be fine all year long. Ancient masters preached that whatever you study from your guru or learn by yourself, you should be proficient in such subjects. If you learn and know something superficially, it’s called ‘know it ngoo ngoo, plaa plaa’. Maseng is the year of snake, so only bring the snake (ngoo), and not the fish (plaa) so that you really learn some knowledge.
[In Thai, there is a saying knowing something "Ngoo ngoo, plaa plaa". 'Ngoo' is snake, while 'plaa' is fish. Together, the phrase mean to know something superficially. HRH Princess Sirindhorn uses the phrase because this year is the year of a small snake.]
- A tale of two newspapers: Gangs controlling motorcycle taxis
- The Bangkok Land Skytrain
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Red Protests – May 21, 2010
- Thai General Elections – December 23, 2007
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- Let’s Make Bangkok’s Central Park!
- The Hopewell Project
- A tale of two newspapers: Black May 13 years later
- 21 Years Ago: Black May
- Road to Victory is Red