From Thairath, May 13, 2014
Left: The Red Shirt group saw opportunity, thinking of taking the South and establish the Soh.Poh.Poh. Lanna.
[The People’s Democratic Republic of Lanna, this was a new state that some Red Shirts wanted to create to secede from Thailand. The black man is a comedic character in southern traditional shadow puppet shows.]
Middle: Aren’t they afraid of resistance from Southerners?
[The man is Poo Yai Lee who is one of the main characters in artist Chai Ratchawat’s cartoons. The man is a ‘Poo Yai’ or village head.]
Left: Almost all of the Southerners left their homes to demonstrate in Bangkok. [referring to southerners who are mainly supporters of the opposition Democrats who are opposed to Thaksin]
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work
- Don’t help them form a government!
- Put in a basket and wash