New battlelines in Thailand – atimes.com, January 27, 2012
[Thanks to Tom for pointing this out.]
…Some senior officers who communicated with the writers even fear that the ministry could be used to exercise control over Thaksin allies outside the military, akin to the infamous “war room” and its three Class 10 managers who, while still on active duty, effectively guided the armed street battles with government forces in 2010.
Several of the authors’ Thai classmates say that Thaksin and his advisors believe that they will be able to successfully orchestrate Prayuth’s transfer later this year, as they did with Surayud in 2002…
- The little people are corrupt
- Helping the rice farmers
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- Words won’t stop the attack
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out
- Suriya chemical is the most dangerous
- Knives out for Sudarat
- The chicken farmer and the monkey