Myanmar to re-issue bank notes with national hero’s image – IANS, November 14, 2013
…General Aung San, along with his seven councilor members and his bodyguard, were all assassinated at Yangon’s prime minister’s office July 19, 1947 before Myanmar regained independence Jan 4, 1948.
After Myanmar won independence, the then bank notes were set to bear Aung San’s image until the military take-over…
- From 2003: PM mixes business and politics
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- Chavalit coughs up bombs (again)
- No alliance for the Democrats!
- Not only a dog howls at the bell
- Weekly News Magazines: Two Political Systems, October, 2018
- Different kinds of animals
- Why can’t they praise me?
- The junta should follow Chavolit’s example
- It’s the people’s fault for voting
- The Shinawatras lie about fleeing