Myanmar to re-issue bank notes with national hero’s image – IANS, November 14, 2013
…General Aung San, along with his seven councilor members and his bodyguard, were all assassinated at Yangon’s prime minister’s office July 19, 1947 before Myanmar regained independence Jan 4, 1948.
After Myanmar won independence, the then bank notes were set to bear Aung San’s image until the military take-over…
- The last time a coup leader became PM after a return to democracy
- We really care about Thaksin
- Several parties, same owner
- Election poster pollution
- Election posters: Pheu Thai’s heart is people
- Why do Thai people always smile?
- Election posters: Take action, be clear
- More jokes about Yingluck
- Election posters: Stopping, Cleansing, Destroying
- Election posters: Choose a professional executive
- Weekly News Magazines: Dissolution fears, March, 2019