Myanmar to re-issue bank notes with national hero’s image – IANS, November 14, 2013
…General Aung San, along with his seven councilor members and his bodyguard, were all assassinated at Yangon’s prime minister’s office July 19, 1947 before Myanmar regained independence Jan 4, 1948.
After Myanmar won independence, the then bank notes were set to bear Aung San’s image until the military take-over…
- Bloody October 2008
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- October 1976: A sea of blood
- 8 Years Ago: Bombmakers in Nonthaburi
- Political parties in a coma
- They messed up the country
- Should they still fight for Thaksin?
- A tale of two newspapers: New cabinet member a savvy or unethical move?
- Turn the ship around
- Jatuporn’s back
- Whatever he defecates… it is sacred