Myanmar stung by global censure over unrest – AFP, September 15, 2012
…“The Burmese have fully joined the global stage,” said a foreign diplomat, who asked not to be named.
“They discovered (the unrest) has an international impact which they did not imagine and suddenly found that it was not just an isolated problem in a corner of the country.”
…Human Rights organisations have accused Myanmar forces of opening fire on the Rohingya while the UN human rights chief warned of a stream of reports “alleging discriminatory and arbitrary responses by security forces” against Muslims…
- Anniversary of the End of the Absolute Monarchy in Thailand
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- 11 Years Ago: First Red Shirt Move: Surprise Raid on Privy Council President’s House
- 2012: Thaksin Reverses Earlier Calls for Reds to Forgive & Forget with Fiery Speech
- Whoever sleeps with you, they will die
- Old allies, new allies
- Can Chavalit be PM again?
- Baby Party
- Democrats shut out
- Absorbing is the Thai Way
- You cannot fight with those who made the rules