Myanmar off list of countries jailing journalists – mmtimes.com, December 15, 2012
…Pre-publication government censorship was scrapped in Myanmar in August and the move has led to a boom for the local media industry. Previously exiled publications such as The Irrawaddy and Mizzima have set up official operations in the country – an unimaginable prospect just two years ago.
This week, The Irrawaddy will be distributed legally for the first time within Myanmar…
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Words won’t stop the attack
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out