New Govt May OK Street Thugs – The Irrawaddy, April 26, 2011
…Swan Arr Shin (literally “Masters of Force” in English) became infamous after several violent incidents, most notably when they were involved in a mass attack on pro-democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi and her convoy in Depayin in 2003, and nationwide monk-led demonstrations in 2007…
- From 2011: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Before Thaksin: Remembering the Checks and Balances of the 1997 Charter
- Dangerous Voting
- It’s a charade
- America first… World last
- Some bombers don’t go to jail
- The outrageous denial
- Police stealing the work of the gods
- Who controls the pipe bomber?
- Abhisit for leader!
- More on police buying their promtions