A tentative opening for conscientious visitors – www.theaustralian.com.au, July 16, 2011
…But since her release from house arrest, Suu Kyi has been cautiously positive about the possible benefits of some tourism.
Cruises and package tours should not be encouraged, she told the Associated Press, but “individuals coming in to see, to study the situation in the country might be a good idea”…
- 13 years ago: Thaksin’s increasing boldness
- Remembering Thaksin as PM: Thaksin surprises reporters with X sign
- Analysis: Yingluck’s Strange Strategy
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- Sucking Ghost
- 6 Years Ago: Why did the Pheu Thai rush to alter the constitution?
- Monks too high to be touched
- Shinawatra family drama
- Weekly News Magazines: Who will lead the Pheu Thai, July, 2017