A tentative opening for conscientious visitors – www.theaustralian.com.au, July 16, 2011
…But since her release from house arrest, Suu Kyi has been cautiously positive about the possible benefits of some tourism.
Cruises and package tours should not be encouraged, she told the Associated Press, but “individuals coming in to see, to study the situation in the country might be a good idea”…
- From 2011: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- What do these bombs mean?
- Nothing is Permanent
- More reaction to the bombings
- Before Thaksin: Remembering the Checks and Balances of the 1997 Charter
- 28 years ago: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- Can we get rid of the U.S. ambassador?
- Thailand can learn from Myanmar!
- Police for police reform
- Is the junta preparing for Thaksin?
- Dangerous Voting