A tentative opening for conscientious visitors – www.theaustralian.com.au, July 16, 2011
…But since her release from house arrest, Suu Kyi has been cautiously positive about the possible benefits of some tourism.
Cruises and package tours should not be encouraged, she told the Associated Press, but “individuals coming in to see, to study the situation in the country might be a good idea”…
- 11 years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion
- Eight Years Ago: Gen. Chavalit to lead “People’s Army”
- Foreign luxury brands plot against the junta!
- Yet still more cartoons on Prawit’s expensive watch
- Not Richard Mille
- New Year’s Cartoon: Something for the Poor
- New Year’s Cartoon: News of the Past Year
- They are going to get Prawit
- Let’s support Prayuth!
- The military party deserves a head start
- Red buffaloes got smarter