My living hell in a Thai jail: 85 to a cell, beatings and killings – lep.co.uk, November, 2014
…Mr Hartley, who was sent home to Heysham on a flight to Manchester last Saturday, said: “There is so much corruption over there.
“I went to Thailand to work with a friend, who was running a website exporting pharmaceuticals all over the world. He had been running it for six years.
“I only helped with e-mails and orders. I was a scapegoat. The Thai police visited the man who ran the website and demanded thousands of pounds.
“When he did not pay them, they arrested me two weeks later, while he was out of the country…
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- The network of the officials who helped Yingluck escape
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- Weekly News Magazines: Red Bull and the Shy Tiger, September, 2017
- The junta eats the budget
- He will live in our hearts eternally