Special report: Rendition ordeal that raises new questions about secret trials – guardian.co.uk, April 8, 2012
…But when the aircraft stopped off at Bangkok, the pair were detained and taken to a US-run detention facility.
It was known that the CIA had been operating a secret prison in Thailand since 9/11, but its precise location was unknown. Bouchar and Belhaj arrived there within minutes of being detained, suggesting that it was located within the perimeter of Don Muang international airport. They were immediately separated…
- The Hopewell Project
- The Wheel Begins to Turn: Weekly Rallies and Disapproving Academics
- Thaksin Wants to Know Who Burned Central World
- Secret footage reveals brutal conditions of Rohingyas in Thai refugee center
- ‘White Mask’ Guards Seen Trying To Hit Red Shirts With Iron Bars
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- The perils of ‘doing a Thaksin’
- Thailand’s government acknowledges $4.4B loss from controversial rice price support scheme
- Ladyboys versus All Blacks: is this the world’s weirdest sport?
- Thailand’s boom: To the northeast, the spoils
- If you want it back… then take it