Bribespot: Fighting Corruption in Thailand One Click at a Time – VOA, September 12, 2013
…As it is in many developing countries, bribery is ubiquitous in Thailand. A Transparency International survey found that one-fourth of those in the country acknowledged making a payoff at least once a year.
But the government’s Public Sector Anti-Corruption Commission (PACC) said it only received about 4,000 complaints annually through its telephone hotline, Website and walk-in center…
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- The network of the officials who helped Yingluck escape
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- Who is left to burn Thailand?