Bribespot: Fighting Corruption in Thailand One Click at a Time – VOA, September 12, 2013
…As it is in many developing countries, bribery is ubiquitous in Thailand. A Transparency International survey found that one-fourth of those in the country acknowledged making a payoff at least once a year.
But the government’s Public Sector Anti-Corruption Commission (PACC) said it only received about 4,000 complaints annually through its telephone hotline, Website and walk-in center…
- From 2011: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- More reaction to the bombings
- Before Thaksin: Remembering the Checks and Balances of the 1997 Charter
- 28 years ago: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- Can we get rid of the U.S. ambassador?
- Thailand can learn from Myanmar!
- Police for police reform
- Is the junta preparing for Thaksin?
- Dangerous Voting
- It’s a charade
- Don’t “reform” the police