Moken gypsies find themselves at sea in the modern world – brisbanetimes.com.au, May 22, 2012
…They are recognised by the Thai government, which provides some health benefits and education, but they do not have citizenship.
Just a few years ago the children had never seen a banana or apple, ridden in a motor vehicle, watched television, could not write or count and became frightened when someone took their picture, believing they were trapped in the camera. They still have no running water or toilets in their shacks which do not have walls or windows…
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work
- Don’t help them form a government!
- Put in a basket and wash
- Danger for the junta
- Thanathorn got his mom in trouble