From Manager, June 24, 2019
On the cake: Debts from the rice-pledging scheme
Lyric: Competing with the dog to be born… completing with the dog to be born… completing with the dog to be born
Caption: Sing loudly to reach London. [where Yingluck lives in exile]
[Refers to former PM Yingluck’s birthday on June 21. The song uses lyrics from a Thai birthday song. This changing of the lyrics is meant as an insult to mean one is equal to a dog in the value of their life.
It is meant to mock the Pheu Thai’s populist rice-pledging scheme, steeped in corruption and economically not viable, created only to cement government popularity to enable a pardon for Thaksin.]
- The little people are corrupt
- Helping the rice farmers
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- Words won’t stop the attack
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out
- Suriya chemical is the most dangerous
- The chicken farmer and the monkey