From Thairath, February 10, 2014
Left: March to save the country… [Referring to the marches of the anti-government protesters led by the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC). The man is Suthep Thuagsuban, secretary-general of the PDRC,. Every time he leads a march, people waiting along two sides of the streets he and the protesters march along to cheer them as well as donate millions of baht.]
Right: …March to borrow from banks!
Signs on building from left: BAAC [Bank of Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives]; Government Saving Bank; Krung Thai Bank Plc.
Woman on the street is the Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra and the man is Caretaker Deputy Prime Minister and the Caretaker Finance Minister Kittirat Na Ranong. [Reference is to the several previous failed attempts by the Caretaker Government to borrow from banks in order to pay rice farmers under the Pheu Thai government’s rice pledging scheme.]
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Domino fell the wrong way
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- Words won’t stop the attack
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Profiting from being military