Manila unable to realise tourist potential - Asia News Network, December 3, 2010
...For starters, there was the slogan 'Pilipinas Kay Ganda'. Meaning 'Philippines So Beautiful' in Tagalog, it was hoped that the phrase would come to rival the now-iconic 'Incredible India' and 'Malaysia, Truly Asia' slogans.
But it later dawned on many that the phrase would have been incomprehensible to foreigners.
Then there was the campaign's unfortunate website address, which was similar to that of a porn site already on the Internet, leading embarrassed officials to take it down quickly.
Finally, the design of the campaign website became embroiled in a plagiarism row, for using the same lettering and features of Poland's official tourism logo...
- Anniversary of the End of the Absolute Monarchy in Thailand
- 11 Years Ago: First Red Shirt Move: Surprise Raid on Privy Council President’s House
- Bangkok’s Central Park becoming a reality?
- Weekly News Magazines: Suriya leaves Phea Thai, June, 2018
- Thai police still protect Yingluck overseas
- Weekly News Magazines: Tears of Suthep, June, 2018
- Pheu Thai defectors
- Weekly News Magazine: The Rescue, July 13-20, 2018
- Big Jiew is getting sucked in
- Weekly News Magazines: Raising Chickens for the Military, July, 2018