Manila unable to realise tourist potential - Asia News Network, December 3, 2010
...For starters, there was the slogan 'Pilipinas Kay Ganda'. Meaning 'Philippines So Beautiful' in Tagalog, it was hoped that the phrase would come to rival the now-iconic 'Incredible India' and 'Malaysia, Truly Asia' slogans.
But it later dawned on many that the phrase would have been incomprehensible to foreigners.
Then there was the campaign's unfortunate website address, which was similar to that of a porn site already on the Internet, leading embarrassed officials to take it down quickly.
Finally, the design of the campaign website became embroiled in a plagiarism row, for using the same lettering and features of Poland's official tourism logo...
- 11 years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion
- Eight Years Ago: Gen. Chavalit to lead “People’s Army”
- Foreign luxury brands plot against the junta!
- Yet still more cartoons on Prawit’s expensive watch
- Not Richard Mille
- New Year’s Cartoon: Something for the Poor
- New Year’s Cartoon: News of the Past Year
- They are going to get Prawit
- Let’s support Prayuth!
- The military party deserves a head start
- Red buffaloes got smarter