Manila unable to realise tourist potential - Asia News Network, December 3, 2010
...For starters, there was the slogan 'Pilipinas Kay Ganda'. Meaning 'Philippines So Beautiful' in Tagalog, it was hoped that the phrase would come to rival the now-iconic 'Incredible India' and 'Malaysia, Truly Asia' slogans.
But it later dawned on many that the phrase would have been incomprehensible to foreigners.
Then there was the campaign's unfortunate website address, which was similar to that of a porn site already on the Internet, leading embarrassed officials to take it down quickly.
Finally, the design of the campaign website became embroiled in a plagiarism row, for using the same lettering and features of Poland's official tourism logo...
- A tale of two newspapers: Black May 13 years later
- Part V – Ian Neumegen
- Big Brother Shocks Thailand
- Eight Years Ago: Thaksin’s World – Coming full circle from Black May
- Nine Years Ago: Idea for a Bangkok Central Park
- Politics in the Age of Thaksin
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Let’s Make Bangkok’s Central Park!
- William L Monson vs Thaksin
- Ploughing Day