Manila unable to realise tourist potential - Asia News Network, December 3, 2010
...For starters, there was the slogan 'Pilipinas Kay Ganda'. Meaning 'Philippines So Beautiful' in Tagalog, it was hoped that the phrase would come to rival the now-iconic 'Incredible India' and 'Malaysia, Truly Asia' slogans.
But it later dawned on many that the phrase would have been incomprehensible to foreigners.
Then there was the campaign's unfortunate website address, which was similar to that of a porn site already on the Internet, leading embarrassed officials to take it down quickly.
Finally, the design of the campaign website became embroiled in a plagiarism row, for using the same lettering and features of Poland's official tourism logo...
- Bloody October 2008
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- October 1976: A sea of blood
- 8 Years Ago: Bombmakers in Nonthaburi
- A tale of two newspapers: New cabinet member a savvy or unethical move?
- Weekly News Magazines: the junta’s political party, October, 2018
- What happens to the people Thaksin appoints?
- Weekly News Magazines: New army chief, September, 2018
- One lotus is above the water
- Politicians need to poo
- Silpa Bhirasri, Father of modern art in Thailand