Manila unable to realise tourist potential - Asia News Network, December 3, 2010
...For starters, there was the slogan 'Pilipinas Kay Ganda'. Meaning 'Philippines So Beautiful' in Tagalog, it was hoped that the phrase would come to rival the now-iconic 'Incredible India' and 'Malaysia, Truly Asia' slogans.
But it later dawned on many that the phrase would have been incomprehensible to foreigners.
Then there was the campaign's unfortunate website address, which was similar to that of a porn site already on the Internet, leading embarrassed officials to take it down quickly.
Finally, the design of the campaign website became embroiled in a plagiarism row, for using the same lettering and features of Poland's official tourism logo...
- Beijing treads carefully when scions of Thai political dynasty arrive in China in search of their roots
- It’s only about Thaksin
- China supports the junta?
- Weekly News Magazines: All about politics, December, 2018
- Weekly News Magazines: Election Delay, January, 2019
- Pheu Thai’s heart
- New Year’s Cartoons: Goodbye Dog Year
- Politicians can’t wait to help people
- Thaksin can no longer sue
- Who did France copy?
- Matichon comes to its 42nd year