Malaysian resort forced to scrap Miss Bikini night – AP, September 23, 2011
…Hamidah Othman, the state government’s official in charge of tourism and investment, said authorities would not allow such an event, which she said could “cause a negative impact and shame the nation.”
Activists were also concerned because photos on Facebook of a beach party at the resort last year showed several young bikini-clad women, mainly from Malaysia’s ethnic Chinese non-Muslim minority…
- 5 Years Ago: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Remembering the Thaksin Years: Cleaning Things Up
- Conflict with the Lanna Kingdom
- Security start-up backed by Thaksin seeks $1bn valuation
- New form of American warmaking
- Viagra for Thai Airways
- Who is the catfish?
- No fraud!
- Weekly News Magazines, June 3-10, 2016
- Fake monks harass New York City tourists