Malaysian resort forced to scrap Miss Bikini night – AP, September 23, 2011
…Hamidah Othman, the state government’s official in charge of tourism and investment, said authorities would not allow such an event, which she said could “cause a negative impact and shame the nation.”
Activists were also concerned because photos on Facebook of a beach party at the resort last year showed several young bikini-clad women, mainly from Malaysia’s ethnic Chinese non-Muslim minority…
- From 2011: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Before Thaksin: Remembering the Checks and Balances of the 1997 Charter
- Dangerous Voting
- It’s a charade
- America first… World last
- Some bombers don’t go to jail
- The outrageous denial
- Police stealing the work of the gods
- Who controls the pipe bomber?
- Abhisit for leader!
- More on police buying their promtions