Malaysian resort forced to scrap Miss Bikini night – AP, September 23, 2011
…Hamidah Othman, the state government’s official in charge of tourism and investment, said authorities would not allow such an event, which she said could “cause a negative impact and shame the nation.”
Activists were also concerned because photos on Facebook of a beach party at the resort last year showed several young bikini-clad women, mainly from Malaysia’s ethnic Chinese non-Muslim minority…
- 5 Years Ago: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Analysis: Mother’s Day Bombings
- 10 Years Ago: Thaksin Escapes Assassination Attempt
- Analysis: Thailand’s Half Democracy
- No fraud!
- Fake monks harass New York City tourists
- 3 Years Ago: Pheu Thai Tries Its Own Reform Council
- Raise the flag!
- Dhammakaya leaving Thailand?
- Another stain on the police
- Bangkok’s Pig