Malaysian Protesters Shift from Streets to Stadium – AP, July 6, 2011
…The plan is spearheaded by independent activists who want an overhaul of electoral laws to ensure transparency in national polls widely expected by mid-2012. Some activists had earlier voiced hopes that as many as 100,000 people would march in Kuala Lumpur, making it Malaysia’s biggest political rally in nearly four years…
- From 2011: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- What do these bombs mean?
- Nothing is Permanent
- More reaction to the bombings
- Before Thaksin: Remembering the Checks and Balances of the 1997 Charter
- 28 years ago: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- Can we get rid of the U.S. ambassador?
- Thailand can learn from Myanmar!
- Police for police reform
- Is the junta preparing for Thaksin?
- Dangerous Voting