Mahakan Fort News - Amnesty International, March 16, 2010
...In addition to being an integral piece of the architectural landscape of the Ratanakosin area, the fort is also a key site today in a community's struggle for survival. The countdown has begun: in another 17 months the people living behind the fort will be forced to leave and their homes destroyed. Where is the justice in this? And have the authorities given any thought to the dignity of the people living there?...
- 4 Years Ago: One of the wealthiest families in Thailand has convinced the poor that it understands their problems and will fight for their rights
- 13 Years Ago: Remembering the grounds of the Siam Intercontinental Hotel
- 12 Years Ago: Chuwit and the Massage Parlour Scandal
- 76 Years Ago: ‘Strategic Siam changes its name to Thai’
- 12 Years Ago: Idea for a Bangkok Central Park
- 11 Years Ago: Thailand’s New Strongman
- 12 Years Ago: Revolution in Laos?
- 11 Years Ago: List of activists killed during the Thaksin era
- 7 Years Ago: “Thailand United Southern Underground” ceasefire
- 10 Years Ago: Discontent in Thaksin’s Thailand
- 10 Years Ago: Losing the right to criticize a company owned by Thaksin