Lumpinee set to hang up its gloves – Famed boxing stadium moves to a new site in 2014 – Bangkok Post, October 20, 2012
…It was established in 1956 on the order of former military strongman Prapass Charusathiara.
He had the stadium built while he was commander of the 1st Division, King’s Guard, in Bangkok.
The stadium project came into being as a rival to the older Ratchadamnoen Boxing Stadium on Ratchadamnoen Nok Avenue in terms of facilities and standards.
Lumpinee has hosted so many historic matches over the decades that it became the mecca for muay Thai boxers the world over. Winners at Lumpinee are held in high esteem by boxing professionals…
- From 2003: PM mixes business and politics
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- Chavalit coughs up bombs (again)
- No alliance for the Democrats!
- Not only a dog howls at the bell
- Weekly News Magazines: Two Political Systems, October, 2018
- Different kinds of animals
- Why can’t they praise me?
- The junta should follow Chavolit’s example
- It’s the people’s fault for voting
- The Shinawatras lie about fleeing