Lumpinee set to hang up its gloves – Famed boxing stadium moves to a new site in 2014 – Bangkok Post, October 20, 2012
…It was established in 1956 on the order of former military strongman Prapass Charusathiara.
He had the stadium built while he was commander of the 1st Division, King’s Guard, in Bangkok.
The stadium project came into being as a rival to the older Ratchadamnoen Boxing Stadium on Ratchadamnoen Nok Avenue in terms of facilities and standards.
Lumpinee has hosted so many historic matches over the decades that it became the mecca for muay Thai boxers the world over. Winners at Lumpinee are held in high esteem by boxing professionals…
- Remembering Black May 1992
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- Anniversary of the End of the Absolute Monarchy in Thailand
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- 2012: Thaksin Reverses Earlier Calls for Reds to Forgive & Forget with Fiery Speech
- Move to the Jurassic era
- Political vacuum cleaners
- Weekly News Magazine: Getting Ready for the Political Future, April, 2018
- Fertilizing the junta party with crap of the past
- Old allies, new allies
- Whoever sleeps with you, they will die