Life Sentence Upheld for ‘Cambodian Moses’ – courthousenews.com, March 11, 2014
…He was convicted in U.S. courts in 2008 of conspiring to overthrow the Cambodian government, and sentenced to life without parole.
In upholding that conviction Tuesday, a three-judge panel of the 9th Circuit noted that “it is not absurd for Congress to want to prevent people within the borders of the United States from plotting to commit murder in a foreign country.”
Chhun argued that he intended to arrest not kill Hun Sen, and that he planned Operation Volcano to minimize casualties.
Evidence entered at trial, however, showed that Chhun had the “intent to murder,” according to the 26-page opinion…
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- Weekly News Magazines: Coronation, May, 2019
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work
- Don’t help them form a government!