Life Sentence Upheld for ‘Cambodian Moses’ – courthousenews.com, March 11, 2014
…He was convicted in U.S. courts in 2008 of conspiring to overthrow the Cambodian government, and sentenced to life without parole.
In upholding that conviction Tuesday, a three-judge panel of the 9th Circuit noted that “it is not absurd for Congress to want to prevent people within the borders of the United States from plotting to commit murder in a foreign country.”
Chhun argued that he intended to arrest not kill Hun Sen, and that he planned Operation Volcano to minimize casualties.
Evidence entered at trial, however, showed that Chhun had the “intent to murder,” according to the 26-page opinion…
- No bathroom breaks
- It is so fruitful
- Don’t get distracted by marijuana
- Fake news
- Intervene here first!
- There will always be coups
- Weekly News Magazines: Burning Future, August, 2019
- Who is really destroying the country?
- Economic suicides
- Some are on protected land
- Weekly News Magazines: Grilling Prayuth, September, 2019