Learning to be Thai – VOA News, November 15, 2012
…My assumption that I could be as Westernized as I wanted, as well as expect others to understand this, soon brought me into some strange and, needless to say, uncomfortable encounters. For instance, when I joined a local badminton club and alienated myself by thinking that I could speak English to everyone (I was 12, I should have known better). Or when, in that same environment, I blatantly refused to show deference to my Thai elders (my measly excuse: “They don’t do this at my school!”)…
- No bathroom breaks
- It is so fruitful
- Don’t get distracted by marijuana
- Fake news
- Intervene here first!
- Weekly News Magazines: Burning Future, August, 2019
- There will always be coups
- Who is really destroying the country?
- Economic suicides
- Some are on protected land
- Weekly News Magazines: Grilling Prayuth, September, 2019