Learning from mistakes – inquirer.net, October 1, 2016
…It was Thaksin’s popularly elected, civilian government that launched a violent war on drug criminals. With vastly greater weapons for that war, a military junta is now deliberately moderating the use of violence and shifting the drug policy from a mainly police perspective. Its pragmatic approach to the problem, calculating the costs and benefits of conducting the war, has led it to a more holistic approach that recognizes drugs as a health and social problem.
PRRD should have no qualms about learning from Thailand’s failed drug policy.
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- Weekly News Magazines: Coronation, May, 2019
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- Heaven vs Hell
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work