Lawyer for Thailand’s Red Shirts Denounces Report on 2010 Violence – PRNewswire, September 18, 2012
…According to Mr. Amsterdam, the TRC report cannot be taken seriously given that it fails to address the unlawful nature of the military coup that unseated the democratically elected government of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra in 2006, which is a core grievance of Thailand’s pro-democracy protest movement. Instead, says Mr. Amsterdam, the TRC blames Thaksin for the coup, much like the Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsuban has blamed protesters for “running into the bullets…”
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Words won’t stop the attack
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out