Lawyer claims conspiracy against ex-Thai PM in embezzlement case – gulfnews.com, May 11, 2012
…K.K. countered the authenticity of the documents submitted. The defence contested that the signatures were forged and that this was evident when prosecutors asked the claimant about the original copies of the documents subject to dispute but Shinawatra, who was sentenced to jail in absentia by a Thai court over different fraud charges, failed to submit the original copies.
…Shinawatra’s lawyer Jasim Al Naqbi argued that the defendant abused the claimant’s political and financial status and blackmailed him to fill his pockets. When it was the defence’s turn to present their argument, Abdul Raouf said prosecutors created a lot of confusion…
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- Weekly News Magazines: Coronation, May, 2019
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- Heaven vs Hell
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work