Lawyer charged with duping former Thai prime minister released on bail – gulfnews.com, April 16, 2011
…Prosecution records said Shinawatra asked K.K. to open a bank account for him in the Republic of Montenegro so that he could collect the money. K.K. had apparently convinced Shinawatra to open an account in his [K.K.’s] name and transfer the money to avoid it being seized by European authorities due to the political tensions Shinawatra was facing in Thailand. Shinawatra agreed after being commissioned to run the account, but K.K. allegedly siphoned off the money deposited in his personal account.
K.K. was additionally charged with embezzling another Dh39.5 million from the £150 million meant for the football club deal after Shinawatra asked him to buy a villa on his behalf. Records said K.K. bought a villa worth Dh38 million in Emirates Hills and registered it in his name…
[Thanks to Marc for pointing this out.]
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work
- Don’t help them form a government!
- Put in a basket and wash
- Danger for the junta