From Thairath, June 9, 2014
Title: Stairs Got Talent
Gen. Prayuth singing: “Please give us a little more time. The military will not give up. We will return happiness to people…”
On a paper held by Gen. Prayuth: Song name “Return happiness to the people”
Visanu Krua-ngam lays out the carpeting.
On the carpet: NLA [National Legislative Assembly] and interim government
On chair: PM
Phi Nooring: An artist.
A mouse: New artist
[Refers to the news that the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO), led by army commander Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha, assigned Visanu Krua-ngam, a legal specialist, to draft an interim constitution which is believed to pave the way for Gen. Prayuth to become PM.
“Stairs Got Talent” mimics the name of the famous TV show “Thailand’s Got Talent” and the stairs shows the way leading Gen. Prayuth to become PM.
Stairs (or a ladder) is often used in Thai editorial cartoons to represent the path a person takes to become prime minister.]
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work
- Don’t help them form a government!
- Put in a basket and wash