Labour woes for Thailand if Myanmar migrants return home – channelnewsasia.com, September 26, 2012
…Myanmar is opening up and more job opportunities will be created for them, but if a large number of Myanmar nationals decide to go back home, it could cause a labour shortage for Thailand.
A seafood wholesaler who employs around 30 Myanmar migrants said that if too many of them go back home, it could affect his business.
Thanatchai Patraporn, a seafood wholesaler, said: “We could experience a serious lack of workers in the seafood industry because Thais are not interested to work in this field as it is unskilled…”
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Domino fell the wrong way
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Words won’t stop the attack
- Profiting from being military