Kunming to South East Asia – 7000 km by bicycle – January 26, 2011
Bob writes: My friends (you remember the Chinese guy hiking the Yunnan Railroad to Vietnam) have begun an 80 day journey by bicycle from Kunming to Singapore. One of the group is an Austrian and has a daily blog. I give you the link for today as they have just entered Laos.
You can follow along over the weeks ahead to see their progress. At some point they will visit Bangkok… There are 6 in the group (lost one already due to an accident). This is ostensibly a cultural tour to promote friendship between China and Southeast Asian countries. One of the team is an American named Jesse so they have English capability. Best Regards as you follow the daily adventures.
- Thai government responds to Washington Post article about Thai abuse of Burmese in the shrimp industry
- Milling Ghosts Entering Parliament
- Vietnam, Thailand & Cambodia urged to stop using vague concepts such as "national security", "sovereignty" or "lèse-majesté" to intimidate & harass dissent
- Yingluck Billboard
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- Directions to Bangkok's 24-hour casinos
- UK scientist who accused Thai govt official of plagiarism has reported receiving death & kidnap threats
- Thai Govt should cease pressuring the Central Bank – Rate cuts "futile and misguided"
- The Wheel Begins to Turn: Weekly Rallies and Disapproving Academics
- China dashes Thai hopes of cutting huge rice stockpile
- 1976: A Nightmare of Lynching and Burning 1976 ฝันร้ายของการลงประชาทัณฑ์ และ เผาทั้งเป็น