Kunming to South East Asia – 7000 km by bicycle – January 26, 2011
Bob writes: My friends (you remember the Chinese guy hiking the Yunnan Railroad to Vietnam) have begun an 80 day journey by bicycle from Kunming to Singapore. One of the group is an Austrian and has a daily blog. I give you the link for today as they have just entered Laos.
You can follow along over the weeks ahead to see their progress. At some point they will visit Bangkok… There are 6 in the group (lost one already due to an accident). This is ostensibly a cultural tour to promote friendship between China and Southeast Asian countries. One of the team is an American named Jesse so they have English capability. Best Regards as you follow the daily adventures.
- 24 Years Ago: Black May 1992
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- 6 Years Ago: When the Red Shirts Accepted an Offer of New Elections & Announced an End to Their Rally
- Remembering the Thaksin Years: Cleaning Things Up
- Men who attacked family in Hua Hin “did not have the intention to harm” them
- Withdrawing the knife is easy
- Getting Jatuporn and Sombat
- Conflict with the Lanna Kingdom
- Claim: Thai junta has access to messages sent via Facebook
- Security start-up backed by Thaksin seeks $1bn valuation