Kunming to South East Asia – 7000 km by bicycle – January 26, 2011
Bob writes: My friends (you remember the Chinese guy hiking the Yunnan Railroad to Vietnam) have begun an 80 day journey by bicycle from Kunming to Singapore. One of the group is an Austrian and has a daily blog. I give you the link for today as they have just entered Laos.
You can follow along over the weeks ahead to see their progress. At some point they will visit Bangkok… There are 6 in the group (lost one already due to an accident). This is ostensibly a cultural tour to promote friendship between China and Southeast Asian countries. One of the team is an American named Jesse so they have English capability. Best Regards as you follow the daily adventures.
- 25 Years Ago: Black May
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- 6 Years Ago: Thaksin to return by year’s end to resume the war on drugs
- 2005: PM Thaksin, family praised as ‘Family Day’ role models
- 16 years ago: Thaksin’s strange start as prime minister – Finding a gold hoard
- From 2009: The collapse of the first Red Shirt siege of Bangkok
- Informing the U.N. on the junta
- Stepping on the Eastern Tiger’s tail
- Thai Editorial Cartoons on the Stolen Plaque
- The Missing Marker and Thai Democracy
- Get your gas from a demon