Kunming to South East Asia – 7000 km by bicycle – January 26, 2011
Bob writes: My friends (you remember the Chinese guy hiking the Yunnan Railroad to Vietnam) have begun an 80 day journey by bicycle from Kunming to Singapore. One of the group is an Austrian and has a daily blog. I give you the link for today as they have just entered Laos.
You can follow along over the weeks ahead to see their progress. At some point they will visit Bangkok… There are 6 in the group (lost one already due to an accident). This is ostensibly a cultural tour to promote friendship between China and Southeast Asian countries. One of the team is an American named Jesse so they have English capability. Best Regards as you follow the daily adventures.
- 4 Years Ago: One of the wealthiest families in Thailand has convinced the poor that it understands their problems and will fight for their rights
- 12 Years Ago: Asia finds its own way: In Praise of Thaksin
- 13 Years Ago: Remembering the grounds of the Siam Intercontinental Hotel
- 12 Years Ago: Chuwit and the Massage Parlour Scandal
- 76 Years Ago: ‘Strategic Siam changes its name to Thai’
- 12 Years Ago: Idea for a Bangkok Central Park
- 12 Years Ago: Revolution in Laos?
- 11 Years Ago: Thailand’s New Strongman
- 11 Years Ago: List of activists killed during the Thaksin era
- 7 Years Ago: “Thailand United Southern Underground” ceasefire
- 10 Years Ago: Discontent in Thaksin’s Thailand